Assertiveness and Confidence Building – 1 day
1 Day Course
This course is designed to help participants become more self-aware and to project the right levels of confidence, assertiveness and responsiveness in their dealings with others.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE:
Anyone who would like to develop their confidence, deal with others more effectively and enhance their communications.
- The difference between assertive, aggressive & passive behaviour
- Evaluate your own assertiveness and responses to others’ behaviour
- Communicating assertively and recognising different styles of communication
- Appreciate the motivation behind others’ behaviours
- Practise assertiveness techniques
- Dealing with ‘difficult’ situations
- Negotiate solutions to problems with others by using assertiveness techniques
- Review and action planning.
At the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the difference between Assertive, Aggressive and Non-Assertive behaviour and identify their own response when faced with each
- Demonstrate improved questioning and listening skills
- Recognise their own and different communication styles and how to use them effectively
- Say ‘No’ more effectively and without being seen as unco-operative
- Understand more about behaviour and motivation and how to cope with ‘difficult’ situations and people
- Handle criticism and conflict in a more constructive way
- Negotiate solutions to problems with others more effectively by using a range of assertiveness techniques.