Time Management – 1 day
1 Day Course
To give delegates an understanding of the principles of good time management to enable them to make more effective use of their time at work.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE:
This course is aimed at anyone who wishes to make more effective use of their time at work especially managers and team leaders who could play havoc with others’ time if they themselves are not organised.
- Time logs
- Are you in control of your time?
- Time management method
- Set objectives, prioritise (SMART objectives, Pareto)
- Identify and eliminate abuses of time
- Plan and schedule time as appropriate
- Delegate effectively
- Energy cycle
At the end of this session delegates will be able to:
- Set ‘SMART’ objectives
- Prioritise our tasks/objectives by using Pareto
- Recognise urgent vs. important tasks
- Analyse the abuses of time in the workplace and rectify
- Recognise the importance of planning on at least a daily/weekly basis
- Delegate tasks as appropriate
- Plot our own personal energy cycle
PRE-WORK Participants will be sent a time log to be completed prior to the programme. This will record how people actually spend their time and will provide useful information to be utilised during the training workshop.