Effective Marketing Workshop – 1 or 2 days
1 or 2 Day Course
To develop, hone and improve professional marketing skills in order to identify and attract the right people who want your product or service in preference to your competitor. This is a practical, interactive, ‘hands-on’ course (with some fun thrown in!).
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE:
This course is aimed at owners, managers within an SME (or Micro Business), or anyone involved in marketing, whether or not they have had formal training in marketing. Many middle managers have also greatly benefited from this course since marketing skills are relevant to all levels of the organisation. The course is also useful for those wishing to update/refresh their skills.
- Marketing: The myths, the theories and the reality in the modern trading environment
- The models that adapt to deliver customers whatever your business
- Practical exercise: Importance of the most powerful Brand builder of all – trust
- Case study – marketing that works and the times it has gone wrong
- Why the approach which worked in the 70s, 80s, 90s is toxic in today's environment
- Practice session: Analysis of who is out there competing with you, right now
- How to build a practical, relevant and effective marketing plan.
At the end of this session delegates will be able to:
- Identify the central role of the customer and how to build their marketing around that concept
- Recognise the importance of knowing where they are now, the status of their competitors and how to differentiate to deliver margin
- Use the principle of The Marketing Mix/SWOT/PEST to deliver sales at the highest margin
- Recognise the critical importance of trust in customer relationships
- Identify key communication channels and how to manage them to deliver performance
- Recognise the importance of segmentation and differentiation
- Design and deliver a marketing plan that meets the business plan
- Adapt to the pace of change in the marketplace of today and stay ahead of the competition
- Manage sales as the cutting edge of the marketing plan.
The session will help delegates adapt the course material to their specific business, their trading circumstances, their industry demands and their competitors so that it can be put to work delivering an immediate and measureable boost in performance.